October 11, 2005

Olympia Snowe, aka "The Big O"

Umm, that's weird, but it's just one of the (reported) nicknames Dubya has bestowed upon a variety of Washington/international personalities.

Some of the best:
Vladimir Putin: Pootie-Poot
Karen Hughes: Hurrican Karen
Alberto Gonzales: Fredo (as in the brother Michael Corleone kisses and sends to sleep with the fishes? that's a bit creepy)
Maureen Dowd: Cobra

(Hat tip: Village Voice)

Edit: This registry is actually part of a larger effort, the NNDB, which purports to keep track of all noteworthy people. Kind of like IMDb, but for people that matter.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:43 PM

    Maureen Dowd doesn't deserve a nickname that cool.

    I'm jealous of "Congressman Kick-Ass." If I were a congressman, and the president named someone else CKA, I'd wonder what I was doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding! I would like to know what the dude did to deserve such an awesome name.

    ReplyDelete