August 17, 2006

SNAKESONAPLANESNAKESONAPLANE

I could not let today go without reminding you all that tonight, in select showings, the film Snakes on a Plane will be opening.

Check out the opinions of some of Dartmouth's Film Elite, my good friends Max Bentovim and Tyson Kubota:
[Max]: "This movie is going to be a cult classic," explained Max Bentovim '08. "It's either going to be an exceptionally good thriller or a campy laugh-a-minute comed, and either way I can't wait."

"There's definitely some biblical and sexual aspects to it that I'm excited about as well," he added...

[Tyson]: "'Snakes on a Plane' relates to American post-9/11 anxiety about flying, but simultaneously it recalls 1970s exploitation films and the constant interest in the limits of cinematic representation and pop culture," Tyson Kubota '07 said. "And it's snakes on a motherf*cking plane!"

As the director of the Dartmouth Film Society, Kubota has printed the number of days remaining until the release of "Snakes on a Plane" on the weekly meeting notes for every DFS meeting since the beginning of Summer term. He predicts that the movie will gross $150 million on its opening night alone.

"I hope to see lots of scenes of people having sex while snakes attack them," he said. "You know, people joining the mile-high club while snakes bite them."
I do too, Tyson, I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment