October 5, 2006

Daily Snark

O my goodness. Zak Moore's op-ed today (Elitism, Not Intellectualism).

Mr. Moore, try this on for some ultraliberal elitism:

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

I mean, dude, you're not even working with stereotypes here. It goes beyond stereotypes; it's abstracted from reality in a way that even bad fiction can't muster.

I would say more, but my eyes are actually hurting from looking at your sentences.

Update: The divine Miss Hackney takes Mr. Moore to the woodshed more fully. And Mr. Moore's compatriot Jon Wisniewski outdoes his titanic efforts today. My favorite line from Wisniewski's piece: "And now we come full circle, to the copy of John Stuart Mill's "On Liberty" that just jumped off my bookshelf and exploded in my face." God, I wish I hadn't wasted my snark yesterday on Moore—this one is so much better!

More: Quite differently, and you have no idea how much it pains me to say this, Nick Desai's article on the Alumni Constitution is pretty good. Others, of course, I'm not so keen on: 1, 2, and especially 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment